Tuesday, April 17, 2012

justice served...?

Can I even say that? You might think I'm heartless after reading what "justice served" refers to but it was one of those moments where I was at my wits end and it seemed to be exactly that.

I told Naima I could eat lunch at home today so after Politics I rushed to be home by 12:00, so I could be running by 12:15, and back for lunch at 1:30. I was having a great run at the beach. It was really peaceful and the waves were crashing harder than usual because it had been particularly windy this morning.

I then noticed two men on a motorcycle who I had seen pass me already. They were gesturing sexually and repeatedly yelling, "sex, sex, sex". Is that the only English they knew? They must be so smart. After I saw them turn around to pass me again, I became infuriated. Is this really the way you're going to spend your day? Following someone at the beach? Going out of your way to make someone's day harder? Making yourself look like a fool while you operate a moving vehicle? Well I guess they forgot that last part because as they attempted to stare even harder, turning their heads entirely around and not looking at the road, the driver ran into the curb, flipped the motorcycle and the two men went flying.

These a-holes decided not to wear helmets. One man brushed himself off but the other rose with blood streaming from his forehead. I didn't stop, a) because I don't speak Moroccan Arabic and was of no use, b) because I hate those men, and c) because it was a trafficked area.

I hope two lessons were learned:
1. If you harass women, you will wreck your motorcycle.
2. Wear a helmet, idiots.



No comments:

Post a Comment