Tuesday, June 5, 2012

lisboa - i will be back

i love lisbon





I can't even express the attachment I have to Lisbon. After 4 nights there, I know I will be back - for longer than just a stay.
We stayed at Oasis Backpacker's Hostel, where we had a great staff, great visitors and a great time. Everything was charming and enchanting.










Fado street art
The streets were small and quaint, we could get by with English, and almost every story of travelers we encountered went like this: "Yeah well I was traveling and I stopped in Lisbon and stayed for a few days. Then I extended my trip and now I'm living here!" Heads up, that's going to be my story after I graduate. I hoped I could go back after finishing up in Madrid, but it's just not working out.


The city is a mixture of urban and rural, contemporary and traditional, old and young. The melange of it all makes it feel like glue, something that I will be stuck on for a while. We spent a few nights out and a few nights in, but each were equally fun. We went on a free walking tour with a cool Australian guy named Aaron who worked at the hostel and we explored on our own as well. I don't know how to explain Lisbon besides that it has an incredible aura and I suggest that everyone visit for a few days, that will undoubtedly turn into a longer stay.

some of the people we met

No comments:

Post a Comment