Thursday, March 1, 2012

abandoning comparisons

"Don't let comparison steal your joy." -Unknown
Well said. My life is full of joy, beauty and blessings, yet at times, I still find myself craving for more. Thirsting for what others have, yearning for what I don't have. Want is selfish and want is toxic. How did I become this way? Was this a development I made by myself? Was this socially constructed in me? The materialistic desires are in multitude. The idealistic desires are copious.

This is my promise to change. This is my promise to appreciate the blessings that are bestowed upon me daily. My family and my friends, my home and my school, my education and my ability to experience the world, my clothes and all of my items. But most importantly, I will recognize all of the little things that I don't even realize could change someone else's life, should they have them instead.

No more will comparisons hinder my joy for life or my joy in what I have, or rather, what I have been given.

I am forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment